Skip to main content

Drayton Manor - and stuff

I was dead pleased when Nick said he wanted to go along to Drayton manor with Matt and me. A chance to get to know each other a lot better.

Memo to self: Sleep the night before going on long journeys.

We were supposed to be meeting Tom and Leigh from Out! But, well, I figured we could have a lot of fun on our own for a few hours and then meet up later and that’s what we did. I feel really comfortable with Nick and, bless him, he was already suffering after giving up the fags.

We met Tom and Leigh later on, probably around 3pm and had a good rest of the day there with them.

Annoyingly I got a call from other Tom, that is, Tom and Gary saying that my weekend with them was meant to be starting that evening. I had so not figured that one into my plans in any way. I was already feeling really tired and so didn’t need to have loads more miles to do when I got home. Thing is, I didn’t think to ask what day I was meant to be there so it would have been mean to say no.

I guess we got back to Northampton sometime around 6:30 and I was off on the road again by 8pm. We arrived in Clacton soon after 10pm.

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Small World After All

In life we are said to meet one soul mate, that special person we can totally relate to, who loves us no matter what and we love them the same. There was a time, not so long ago when we only had the people within a few streets of us to find them from. Then there were trains and telephones and we might find them in the next town. Cars came along to make life easier, TV showed us a bigger view and they might now be anywhere in the country. Then we got air travel and the internet, we've a whole world to choose from. Our streets is now a planet so, why are you alone precisely? My soul mate is 6,668 miles away flying in a dead straight line, that's like, wow!