Skip to main content

I don’t wanna …

… ever lose my memory

I dunno, it could be stress of lack of sleep but both my memory and concentration are going tits up and have been for a few months now and I really hate it.

I have not gone doolaly, not yet anyway (still time) but if this is a sample of what losing marbles is like then I don’t much like it. I start saying something and then nothing, total blank. I am forgetting names, forgetting what day of the week it is even. Some things I remember with perfect clarity, indeed, most things I do but the processing time seems a lot longer than I am used to, sometimes though, the memory doesn’t come at all and I draw a blank and on important things too like family names, how wrong is that?

Anyway, hopefully I am still sort of useful.

Zoey’s social worker came round earlier. During the meeting she asked what I did for a break. Not because my memory is lacking but because it is reality, I had nothing to give her, what the hell is a break?

I remember the USA in 2004 for one week and another week in 2007 to Gran Canaria, they were the only times I’d say I have had a break, the sort where I can think and stop worrying about everything else for a while. The social worker was asking about afternoons or, like it’s ever gonna happen, weekends! Like I have time to ever truly relax for such a short period. The only time I was able to relax for short periods was when Tony was alive. I used his place as a sanctuary. There was no phone signal there. I could just turn up and go to bed if I wanted to knowing that if anyone tried to get hold of me they couldn’t, it was a good feeling and Tony, always looked after me, bless him.

This world of grown up pressures is scary and stress is a horrible thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Small World After All

In life we are said to meet one soul mate, that special person we can totally relate to, who loves us no matter what and we love them the same. There was a time, not so long ago when we only had the people within a few streets of us to find them from. Then there were trains and telephones and we might find them in the next town. Cars came along to make life easier, TV showed us a bigger view and they might now be anywhere in the country. Then we got air travel and the internet, we've a whole world to choose from. Our streets is now a planet so, why are you alone precisely? My soul mate is 6,668 miles away flying in a dead straight line, that's like, wow!