Skip to main content

It's the Chavs (innit) BUT ...

Earlier on this evening Matt was mugged (again) walking on a footpath between Kingsheath and Ryehill. Of course the blame is on the chavs that did it but ... walking along a dark footpath, unoverlooked with a bag on his back was just plain stupid as the police told him when they were round.

Thankfully the damage is mainly bruising with a head cut which needed to be glued. He also has a huge footprint on his face. Clearly he is in a lot of pain.

Though they did take his bag, all they got was his mobile. The bag and all other contents were later recovered by police. We did, at first, think they got his passport and bankers card. Annoyingly the bag didn't arrive back before he'd cancelled the card so he's got to wait on a new one now. The passport being found was a huge relief as that would have cost £66 to replace.

I have bought him a replacement phone for £53. I had to use my £20 discount from Virgin to get it that cheap. It's not that I have the money to spare but more that I know he certainly doesn't. Of course, it does annoy me that he's already gone £36 over his limit on his phone which is £36 less to take on holiday with him. At least the new phone comes with 200 minutes though I may keep that for myself or Deej as I know it'll just be something to be used ASAP to Matt. He's not mentioned anything about repaying me so I have no idea if he intends to do that ... I am probably just a fool to myself. Yes, it was the chavs but why does he have to do such idiotic things?

Comments

Anonymous said…
My thoughts are with you all at this time. Although a shocking and senseless incident positive thinking for future events should prevail...keep on looking forward

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Small World After All

In life we are said to meet one soul mate, that special person we can totally relate to, who loves us no matter what and we love them the same. There was a time, not so long ago when we only had the people within a few streets of us to find them from. Then there were trains and telephones and we might find them in the next town. Cars came along to make life easier, TV showed us a bigger view and they might now be anywhere in the country. Then we got air travel and the internet, we've a whole world to choose from. Our streets is now a planet so, why are you alone precisely? My soul mate is 6,668 miles away flying in a dead straight line, that's like, wow!