Skip to main content

An unexpected event


I was at Zoey’s school play earlier … as usual, too long with some suspect creations but OK for all that.

The thing is, I got really upset at the start of it because I just kept thinking about Jermaine and it was terribly emotional. It felt like he had died and I was still upset at his passing and, in a way, I guess he has because he isn’t the boy I used to know anymore. What also upset me was that at this moment I realised that all my kids will one day be gone. It’s good of course, I mean, it has to happen but all the same, to dedicate all those years and then it is over just feels so empty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Small World After All

In life we are said to meet one soul mate, that special person we can totally relate to, who loves us no matter what and we love them the same. There was a time, not so long ago when we only had the people within a few streets of us to find them from. Then there were trains and telephones and we might find them in the next town. Cars came along to make life easier, TV showed us a bigger view and they might now be anywhere in the country. Then we got air travel and the internet, we've a whole world to choose from. Our streets is now a planet so, why are you alone precisely? My soul mate is 6,668 miles away flying in a dead straight line, that's like, wow!