Skip to main content

Stretched

Feeling somewhat poorly, let’s just say ‘man flu’ because I don’t know what it is, I find it difficult to remain calm and relaxed. Actually, relaxed is not a word which applies at all right now, anything but!

Anyway, I’ve had to deal with silly people over the telephone and am proud of myself for maintaining a degree of humour and understanding for their predicament even when they were so clearly talking complete nonsense. This is not least because Sean now works for such a call centre and has to deal with people like me calling all day and I know it sours his day when someone awkward calls. Sadly, ‘Molly’ at Ovo Energy was extremely unhelpful and I had need to speak to her boss but, even so, once he had sorted my quite basic requirement, I did ask him to speak to Molly and explain that my assertiveness was not a personal affront on her, that I accept I was probably expecting a result beyond her remit, hopefully that was passed along to her. As for the lady at Scottish Power who asked me what I wanted her to do after I reported an illegal breach of the data protection act, well … I had to inform her that working in a data protection department she should be well aware of what to do when her company is seen to be breaking the law and that if I needed to tell her that perhaps she might be in the wrong profession! Some people are just too dense to work with!

So,my abilities are being stretched. I could do what my body is screaming at me to do and, go to bed but, that’s giving up, not something I enjoy!

As for my mental state, I’ve come to one very obvious conclusion, I’m lonely! I am not a solitary person, I don’t do well with just my own company, I need to be part of something intimate and special. Can’t see any amount of medication, CBT or counselling resolving that one! A lottery win, that would work

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Small World After All

In life we are said to meet one soul mate, that special person we can totally relate to, who loves us no matter what and we love them the same. There was a time, not so long ago when we only had the people within a few streets of us to find them from. Then there were trains and telephones and we might find them in the next town. Cars came along to make life easier, TV showed us a bigger view and they might now be anywhere in the country. Then we got air travel and the internet, we've a whole world to choose from. Our streets is now a planet so, why are you alone precisely? My soul mate is 6,668 miles away flying in a dead straight line, that's like, wow!