Skip to main content

Caring can be S*** work

Today I can honestly say I have never before been covered in so much poo! It was everywhere and anywhere. A simply helping out of someone seemed to have the inevitable poo outcome but, these are the joys of minimum wage jobs. It is a mystery to me how jobs like this with such a huge personal level of responsibility and, a huge amount of poo, can possibly get paid so little when other far easier and cosier jobs get paid loads.

None of this is helped by it costing me around £2000 a year to get too and from work which means I work for an hour a day just to get there and back! Totally bonkers!

Don't get me wrong, I love my job, it's just perfect apart from the location and the salary. After all, we cannot just forget that the reason we work is to earn a living, the best we can, it matters.

If something goes wrong with the car I am screwed, I cannot get to work and that's not acceptable in any way.

So, sadly, I either get a pay rise to cover the costs which will also help me buy a smaller car so I can use that AND have a back up ... which Dennis will eventually drive. So that, or I get a similar job on the same salary within walking distance thus awarding myself a £2000 a year pay rise. Ironically, the journey time might be just as long but at least I am certain of getting there and back.

I have a new spare wheel now, getting a new tyre tomorrow hopefully and then get it fitted. A typical example of mad panic because the car is off the road and I need it for work the next day! It will be sorted for the weekend which I am not working.

Muchly looking forward to the Fireworks and Alton Towers this year possibly on November 4th as I plan to have that weekend off so it gives me the 5th still. I can bet my bum that if I didn't ensure I had the 5th off I'd be doing an early shift on that day!

My health ... apparently I've another vitamin D deficiency again. The symptoms are identical to what I am experiencing but then it does seem very unlikely that one little thing could resolve so much. I can say for total certainty I am sick of feeling night time tired all of the time. I am not over playing this, I honestly could just stay in bed all day every day I am that tired. I can't concentrate properly so often too it's horrendous! Added to that the pointless anxiety and depression and weight gain, muscle and joint pain, I feel bloody awful every day. Some of the residents at work move better than I do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Small World After All

In life we are said to meet one soul mate, that special person we can totally relate to, who loves us no matter what and we love them the same. There was a time, not so long ago when we only had the people within a few streets of us to find them from. Then there were trains and telephones and we might find them in the next town. Cars came along to make life easier, TV showed us a bigger view and they might now be anywhere in the country. Then we got air travel and the internet, we've a whole world to choose from. Our streets is now a planet so, why are you alone precisely? My soul mate is 6,668 miles away flying in a dead straight line, that's like, wow!