Skip to main content

I think self control is over rated

I had a visitor this evening. He is a lovely guy, friendly, polite (sometimes) and probably a heart of gold but few social skills.

Now, I don't mind folk visiting, it's nice to be wanted but sometimes this person doesn't get those little signs that we send out as subtle hints, that time of the evening has arrived, time to go.

So, I normally, with this person, have to refrain from subtlety and directly say it is time to go. It worked to this evening except by a stroke of bad timing or wickedness, I don't know which, Matt decided to come down the stairs and at that point make a drink for himself and offer one to this person despite me having already told him he is leaving right now ...

Anyway, with cup of tea in hand this person looks at my PDA sitting in its cradle in my office, part of my private space and notices a picture of myself, Tony and Ian and said: "what a lovely picture, of course, the question now is, which one of you dies next?"

It is at this point, dear reader, that I ask the question, is self control over rated?

Popular posts from this blog

April 28 2017

There is no significance in the blog entry title, it just happens to be the date today! So, what happened since March 10 when I wrote my last entry? [caption id="attachment_2042" align="alignleft" width="300"] Priscilla Queen of the Desert Sheffield March 16 2017[/caption] Well, there was this on 16th... we went along, me, Dennis, Sean, Daisy and Robin to Sheffield to see the show and it was really very good indeed. Beforehand we went to the Meadowhall Shopping Centre for lunch and to kill some time. Probably spent too much money, a recurring theme of recent months. A lovely day albeit for a challenging return journey when the M1 was closed.   Now, what did we do on March 18th? Hmmm .... Ah yes, we got married! Link here to Pictures It took several weeks of planning calling in every favour we could, saving money where ever possible. I often think these cheaper weddings are the best. I think it's unlikely even with all the essential costs for the cere...