Skip to main content

Off to respite

I was due to go to Cambridge for the Pink Punting event arranged by Tony but it really didn’t seem fair to be doing that and leaving Matt in charge of getting Jermaine off to respite. Pete called anyway to say that they had done me the favour of not picking me up as the weather looked total rubbish, which, in the event, it was.

Sure enough, when the time came to get Jermaine off to respite he was in no mood to be going anywhere. He did his worst kind of strop but somehow we managed to avoid his kicks and punches and get him in the car. Soon after that, one of the carers from Eleanor Lodge closed the boot lid on my head which hurt like hell, I guess I was not being as alert as I thought I was!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Small World After All

In life we are said to meet one soul mate, that special person we can totally relate to, who loves us no matter what and we love them the same. There was a time, not so long ago when we only had the people within a few streets of us to find them from. Then there were trains and telephones and we might find them in the next town. Cars came along to make life easier, TV showed us a bigger view and they might now be anywhere in the country. Then we got air travel and the internet, we've a whole world to choose from. Our streets is now a planet so, why are you alone precisely? My soul mate is 6,668 miles away flying in a dead straight line, that's like, wow!