Skip to main content

Invisible wealth


With the onset of Covid-19 I am finding I am building up a fair amount of invisible wealth. It is becoming quite hard to keep track of.

Cancelled trips, vouchers and so on could easily get lost or forgotten if I don't keep track of them. £1000's could just 'expire' if the pandemic continues and I don't keep a check on them and it is driving me nuts!

Sure, it's lovely to have vouchers for 2 direct flights return to the Philippines and two local flights within the Philippines. Great we've a first class return crossing of the English Channel Dover to Calais, I believe there is a hotel stop over in France somewhere too but this is becoming an issue now.

£1000's tied up in travel plans I might never be able to do.

Look, I get it, I am not exactly badly off if this is the peak of my worrying (It actually isn't. I have some really serious shit going on I have to deal with) so, why am I bothering?

Simply put, do I trust these companies to look after my money? What happens if they go tits up? Actually getting the money back though, that's tough, the communication dries up when we start asking for our cold hard cash back.

If the travel and health issues go away over the next 6 months or so then it's not an issue but most these things expire around May/June time and then I've got to negotiate extensions or the dreaded refund!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 28 2017

There is no significance in the blog entry title, it just happens to be the date today! So, what happened since March 10 when I wrote my last entry? [caption id="attachment_2042" align="alignleft" width="300"] Priscilla Queen of the Desert Sheffield March 16 2017[/caption] Well, there was this on 16th... we went along, me, Dennis, Sean, Daisy and Robin to Sheffield to see the show and it was really very good indeed. Beforehand we went to the Meadowhall Shopping Centre for lunch and to kill some time. Probably spent too much money, a recurring theme of recent months. A lovely day albeit for a challenging return journey when the M1 was closed.   Now, what did we do on March 18th? Hmmm .... Ah yes, we got married! Link here to Pictures It took several weeks of planning calling in every favour we could, saving money where ever possible. I often think these cheaper weddings are the best. I think it's unlikely even with all the essential costs for the cere...